Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 25, 2021

"....Inheritance...And...Possession"

"This shall be their inheritance: I AM their inheritance: and you shall give them no possession in Israel; I AM their possession."  (Ezekiel 44:28, ESV)

Our text, originally addressed to the Levitical priests, is another "foreshadowing" Word for you and me.  

The "Charismatic Renewal" produced a lot of here's-what-you-get teachers, and tell-me-more followers.  In contrast, a follower of Jesus once penned, "When I survey the wondrous Cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride."  If these words would have dominated the renewal, there would be fewer disillusioned souls on the "wrecks of time."

When I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, Jesus Himself became my, "Inheritance," and my, "Possession."  When our hope, joy, "pursuit" is Jesus Christ, rather than fleeting inheritances and possessions, then, "the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You for my, "Inheritance," and, "Possession,"---- You!  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive