Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, March 9, 2020

Just A Thought

"And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures,..stood a Lamb as though it had been slain...."  (Revelation 5:6)

I have been saying now for a couple of years that "belief" for me is more an "acceptance" than an intellectual comprehension.  So, the other day I looked up the word "belief" in the dictionary.  It defines "belief" as, "An acceptance that a statement is true, or that something exists."  Furthermore, it defines "believe" as, "accept as true." 

Today's text demands acceptance, not intellectual comprehension.  
When John had the vision of Jesus in chapter one of Revelation, he did not attempt to believe what he saw with his mind.  Rather, "I fell at His feet as dead."  This is Biblical faith, belief, no "ifs, ands, or buts," just falling at Jesus' Feet.    

Father, in Jesus' Name, I acknowledge that I can comprehend so little of your ways, but I accept them all.  Amen.

Blog Archive