Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

"....I Have Spoken To You, That In Me...." (Jesus)

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  (John 16:33)
 
And, everything in the world which is out to destroy us.  As I read this verse yesterday, I was reminded that these Words of Jesus have been sustaining me, well, for as long as I can remember.  "....They are Spirit and they are life."

I am here now, however, just after one of my daily therapy-in-house sessions.  The ones at the therapist's have been postponed.  Even my post op visit with the surgeon has been postponed until May 7.  I have one routine which I do once a day, one which I do twice a day, and one which I do three times a day.  That's exactly right.  It almost seems like the old football two-a-days.  

What about you in this unprecedented season of global life?  You are probably getting many instructions from pastors and "ministries," as well as social media pundits on how you should be believing and conducting your life in these "virus" days.  Along with our text, though, I want to leave with you what I read from Revelation a couple of days ago.  "And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, say, 'Alleluia!  for the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!  Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.'"

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that my friend and I be ready.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive