Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, March 28, 2020

"....Bold With Strength...."

"In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul."  (Psalm 138:3)

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Only One in the Universe Who can do this.  Jesus works from within, not without.

If a person is strong within, that person can withstand anything which is without.  The religions of the world are without religions.  But there is also a bad-theology- "christianity" which puts the emphasis on without, viz., God is at point A, and we are at point B.  This is not what the Bible calls, "the Faith of Jesus."

The Living Triune God works "inside" you and me.  He, "make[s] me bold with strength in my soul."  Our Lord Jesus promises us, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his belly, heart, inner man will flow rivers of living water."  

So, today I can do no greater service for you than to pray this great Bible prayer:  "I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's Holy People, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You that you, "strengthen [me] with all might in [my] inner man."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive