Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 13, 2020

"Where Can I Find Help For You?"

"He only is my rock and my salvation; my defense (strong tower); I shall not be greatly moved (shaken)."  (Psalm 62:2)

"Only," is a key Word here.

It does not mean that our Lord Jesus does not give us other "helps," e.g., the Church (i.e., other believers), governments, doctors, etc.  But Jesus is telling us here that there is an, "only," in our life, and it is He Himself.  It is sort of like the king in 2 Kings 6:27 when he responded to a woman who cried to him for help, "If the Lord does not help you, where can I find help for you?"

While this text and devotional may seem "simple" to some, in reality it is not simple, and not simple for one very key reason.  With all of the technology of recent decades, there is a very real tendency to "rely" on that said technology first, at best, only, at worse.  I have some health issues and have been praying for them.  I am also praying for many Followers of Jesus who have physical and spiritual problems, some with the spiritual "issues" are also seeking counseling.  Literally, Thank the Living Triune God in Jesus Christ for these "helps."

I cannot emphasize too strongly, however, that you and I need our Lord Jesus Christ to constantly remind us of our text, "He only is my...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for all which You supply to help me.  And I acknowledge, confess anew today that, "[You] only are My Rock and My Salvation."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive