Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

"I Will Speak To Her Heart" (The Triune God)

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her."  (Hosea 2:14)

Literally, "I will...speak to her heart."  Can anyone think of anything more tender and compassionate than this?!? 

A title of this chapter in my Bible is, "The Lord's Love for His Unfaithful People."  This sums up not only Israel, but also much of the Church throughout history---- which includes me.  This Word of promise and comfort is to the Jews.  This Word is to the Church.  This Word is to you and me.

"I will...speak to her heart."  This is glorious.  This is the Living Triune God in Jesus Christ loving, enduring, forgiving, "I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness,.." away from the distractions, the lies of the age and, "....speak to [your/my] heart."  And then, perhaps we can add, that Jesus will lead us right back into that environment which is the scene of "unfaithful people," always faithful to, "I will speak to her heart." 

There are so very many around you today who would look at some of the things you have gone through, or are going through, and say as many said to David, "There is no help for him in God."  Well, I come back to the question; who are we going to believe?-- the disobedient, or those who have "heard" the reality of, "I will...speak to her heart"?  Jesus has; Jesus does; and how can I ever forget, in my deepest hour of helplessness, the glorious reality of today's text.  Jesus did in me, as He Who Is, "Faithful and True"----- "I will...speak to [his] heart."

Father, in Jesus' Name, today's text is glorious to me beyond expression.  No one can, "....speak to [my] heart," as You.  Amen.
***************************
Conference Call, January 16, at 6:00
Phone number:    712-770-5505
Code:                      889721

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive