Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

"Ponders By Talking To Himself"

"Blessed is the man (whose)...delight is in the Law (Words) of the Lord, and in His Law (Words) he meditates day and night." (Psalm 1)

I noticed again this time that the margin in the NKJV says of, "meditates": "he ponders by talking to himself."  This sounds like craziness to the Western mindset, but to me as a follower of Jesus Christ, a follower of Him Who lives in me, it is the very, "power of God."

The Hebrew Word for, "meditate," affirms the margin notes.  It means, "utter, speak, muse."  For me, it is musing, (thinking, considering) and, speaking His Words.  This is a reason that I pray allowed the Scriptures, Jesus' Words, Jesus' "thoughts."  Though I do pray "other ways," I have just never found a better way of praying than, "....talking to himself," Jesus' Very Words.

I must admit that the first thought this time was, "If what we call blessing is not rooted in, "....but his delight is in the Law of the Lord", then it is dangerously close to a counterfeit "blessing."  Whether it be health, finances, "favor," whatever, the blessed person is only the person who has his "delighter" right.

What about you as you face a "New Year?"  Of all your blessings, are the, "Words of God," at the top, the center, the foundation of your blessings?  If so, this will be not only a "Happy New Year," but a blessed New Year.

Father, in Jesus' Name, Your Words were not always my, "delight."  But I so thank You that by Your mercy and grace You have brought me to that.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive