Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Not On Or Beside, But, "At The Center"

"Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain standing at the center of the throne...."  (Revelation 5:6, NIV))

Sometimes I save my Revelation reading for the last day of the quarter so that I can read through the book in one sitting.  If you have never done this, I highly recommend it.

John saw Jesus, "....standing at the center of the throne."  Bonhoeffer entitled one of his books Christ the Center.  This is "where" Jesus is, "....at the center of the throne," His Church, our lives.  Remember what Jesus has told us in Revelation 3, "To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne."

This, my friend, is our home, dwelling place in Jesus Christ, because the Blessed Trinity, "raised us up together and seated us together in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus."  May the Holy Spirit write this in our hearts and minds.  The Reality will carry anyone who has surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ through 2020 in the Eternal Realm.  This is "Resurrection Power."

May we, His Church, have a, "....seated...together in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus", glorious New Year!

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for inviting me, welcoming me to be in You for Eternity.  Amen.  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive