Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Great Prayer Time

"And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the Word of God with boldness."  (Acts 4:31)

How about this?  "When they...prayed, the place...was shaken...?

When I read this the other day, the "prayer" came to me, "Lord Jesus, do You still do this?"  Now I'm not looking for a "sign," just a shaking which moves men and nations!

Had a good conference call prayer time a few minutes ago.  I intend to keep it to about 15 minutes for now.  I'll let you know the date and time of next week's call.  A number of people have said that daytime is not good; for others okay.  Let's pray for the "right time."

2020 is already shaping up to be "intense."  Please notice that along with "place-shaking" prayer, there was, "....they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the Word of God with boldness."  I long for this not for show or personal "gratification," but that as Servants of Jesus Christ we will fulfill The Great Command, "Go and make disciples of all the nations."  Another way of saying this is, "Disciple them to be My Servants also."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for the outworking of today's text which brings, "Thy Kingdom comeThey will be done in earth as it is in Heaven."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive