Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 27, 2019

What, "Obscures [Jesus'] Plans," For Our Lives?

"Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the stormHe said: 'Who is this that obscures My plans with words without knowledge?'"  (Job 38:1, 2--NIV)

So here we have it: What, "....obscures My (Jesus') plans..," is our, "....words without knowledge".  It is not that Jesus does not "reveal" His plans.

All of the questions which our Lord God asks Job are Divinely Rhetorical.  What I took particular note of this time through Job, however, is Job's response to the rebuke of the Godhead, "I am unworthy-- how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouthI spoke once, but I have no answer-- twice, but I will say no more....Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."  The Church of today can use more of this.  

I wrote yesterday of listening.  This is what we see in Job's response to, "The Word of God."  Could we say that the Lord God rebuked Job for not "listening?"  Perhaps there is a truth here as expressed in Ezekiel 33:10,  "Our transgressions and our sins lie upon us, and we pine away in them, how can we then live?" 

I encourage us to beware of words of speculation, which are nothing but, "words without knowledge," words not rooted in, "The Words of God," in Jesus Christ Himself.  I pray for you and me to walk in Jesus' "Wonderful Words of Life."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that I only, "sp[eak[] of things...wonderful for me to know."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive