Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 26, 2019

I Noticed Answered Prayer Today

"The Lord bless you out of Zion,(1) and may you see the good of Jerusalem all the days of your life. (2) Yes, may you see your children's children.(3)  Peace upon Israel!"  (Psalm 128:5, 6)

Our Lord Jesus reminded me today, in just two little verses of Sacred Writ, of three Manifold blessings.  I have been, "....bless[ed]...out of Zion...."  I have seen, "....the good of Jerusalem..," especially since June, 1967.  I have seen my, "....children's children."  I am a blessed man.  Many reading this can say a glorious, "THANK YOU," to the Living Triune God for His mercy in granting the "may you(s)" of our text. 

I so encourage us today to LISTEN, to listen to the Blessed Trinity, and, listen to one another.  How many times we read passages and just do not listen.  We fail to see and hear what Jesus is "saying" to us, most dangerously in the "favorite" Scriptures" we read.  I have said/written many times before, that every day there is literally something "new" which Jesus speaks to my heart from His Words, Words which I have been reading over and over for many decades, yet are, indeed, "....new every morning...."

Moreover, I am more and more convinced that way too many do not listen to each 0ther.  So often I have noticed that when you share something which is "new" to you, "new," as in revelation, others do not listen.  Instead, they just pick up the "cliche aspect" of the words and wonder off from there.  This is not, "koinonia."  Fellowship in Jesus and in His Church is listening, hearing, observing, encountering one another, which involves literally "hearing out" one another.  Jumping to some conclusion upon hearing just a few words is childish. 

Since this is true among Jesus' Followers, it is just as true and imperative that we listen to, hear out our Lord Jesus Christ in His Words.  Oh, how so much we miss if we do not listen, hear, and, "Selah," Jesus' Words.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so pray for, "ears to hear," You, and the Brethren.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive