Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 13, 2019

"....I Stand At The Door And Knock"

"Behold, I stand at the door and knockIf anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." (Revelation 3:20)

I hope my devotionals have not been "downers" in recent days.  Truth/Reality, however, can be that for those who, as Paul wrote to the Thessalonians, "sorrow as others who have no hope."

We have "hope" because we have Jesus Christ, or rather, Jesus Christ has us.  I mention again that it seems as though in Revelation 2 & 3 the greater the rebuke the greater the accompanying promised blessings.  Just notice this: "And to the messenger of the church of the Laodiceans write,...'So then, because you are luke warm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.'  Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'-- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire...."  What an absolute horrifying rebuke.

Ah, but then we read our text, followed by a promise which cannot be hyperbolized, a promise to the repentant person and local Church, "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me in My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father in His throne."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for knocking on my heart's door!  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive