Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 1, 2019

The Cause of Error and Confusion

"O My peopleThose who lead you cause you to err (or, 'lead you astray'), and destroy the way of your paths."  (Isaiah 3:12b)

The NASB says, "....and confuse the direction of your paths."  If this isn't an indictment on America.  The majority in the United States of America have done what Jehudi did when he heard the Word of the Lord from Jeremiah.  He burned the scroll in the fire.  The Democrat debates have affirmed today's text, "err, lead you astray, confuse the direction...."

This is classic "cause and effect."  If we allow some to, "lead you astray," it is inevitable that, "....destroy and confuse the direction/way of your paths," will follow.  But no one can, "cause you to err ('lead you astray') if we are surrendered to Jesus' Words.  If the only source of, "the mind of Christ," however, is what others tell us, then it is no wonder so many are, "le[]d astray," and, "confuse[d]."

One of the reasons, if I need any, that I believe Jesus took me to the Scriptures so many years ago is that when we read the Bible we have the best chance to get out of ourselves.  I was grief-stricken, and instead of whatever many people think our Lord should do for us in such an hour, Jesus took me to His Thoughts.  Our Father got me out of myself and into Him.  Do not be as those whose only Bible reading is the overhead in the Sunday service.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I depend upon You and Your Words to keep me in, "....the Way of Your paths."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive