Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

"Make Some Sense"--Okay, But Whose?

"For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitfulWhat is the conclusion thenI will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understandingI will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding."  (1 Corinthians 14:14, 15)

Do you?  Don't be like most people who live in the world of "what makes sense," i.e., if it doesn't, reject it.  How much of the Bible "makes sense," at least in the way which most interpret sense?  Our sense is our mind; face it.  And how far did that get us before we surrendered our hearts and minds to Jesus?!?

The main reason people reject, "pray in a tongue," or, "speaking in tongues," is that it "doesn't make sense" to them, period.  The MacArthur's and other self-appointed "authorities" can talk exegesis and hermeneutics all they wish; the fact still remains: The human mind just can't "get around it;" therefore, it finds ways to say, "Well, that's not what the Greek says," or, "That all stopped with the early Church," or, "...................."  To such people I would suggest listening to Paul rather than the naysayers, "He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself....I speak in tongues more than you all."

"My spirit prays...."  What on earth can be so objectionable to that?!?  Of course, "I pray with my mind," but my mine is limited; the Holy Spirit participating in, "my spirit," prays way beyond, "with my mind."  There are times when I pray as "far" as I can, "with my mind."  Then, when the inevitable happens, "I pray with the spirit....I sing with the spirit."  This "means of grace" is a glorious, "fellowship/participation," in, "the Godhead," Father, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit.

Father, in Jesus' Name, only You can "make sense" out of what seems to not "make sense."  Amen.
**************************
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive