Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

"Fan Into Flame The Gift"

"For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God...."  (1 Corinthians 14:2a,b)

"He who Speaks in a tongue does...speak to...God."  I think we should prioritize to whom we speak. 

Elsewhere in the chapter we read, "He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself...."  Or, "....If you bless with the spirit,..you indeed give thanks well...."  Now, of course, if there are those who do not need to, " edify himself," or, "....give thanks well,.." then I can understand why this is all nonsense to them.

Jesus baptizes us in the Holy Spirit.  He has given us everything, "necessary," for our brief sojourn here, and I can say that I have never found such edification in this journey as when, "I pray in a tongue."  My Scripture admonition today is what Paul told Timothy, "Fan into flame the gift of  God that is in you...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, that when I don't know how to pray, you do.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive