Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 22, 2019

Others Need Your Testimony

"And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?'  So I answered, 'Who are You, Lord?'  And He said to me, 'I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.'"  (Acts 22:7, 8)

We read Paul's testimony in Acts 22.  He repeated it often throughout his life, his missionary activity, his epistles.  Too many today are using cliches which others have invented as clever ways to share, "the faith of Jesus."  That does not work. 

You and I are called to bear witness to Jesus by what the Bible says, and, "the Word to which [we bear] witness."  Yes, each testimony honors what the Bible says, and each person's unique testimony is so vital to reaching others.  Perhaps this is one reason we have four Gospel accounts.  Jesus has done, and is doing something in you which has "life" for those someones who are going through similar life experiences.  People need to hear "your story!"

I guess the short of it today is: Tell others what Jesus has done and is doing for you, not so much what He has done and is doing for others.  The former should always have precedence over the latter.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "If it had not been [You] Who was on [my] side when," life, "rose up against [me], life, "would have swollowed [me] alive."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive