Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 11, 2019

A Command: "Understand the Words"

"....Understand the Words that I am about to tell you...."  (Daniel 10:11b, NASB)

Yesterday was Daniel 10 day.  This chapter has always been "mystery" to me, yet I believe I understand enough to know that this is a description of the cosmic battle.  And let humanity make no mistake; we are all involved in this.

First of all, we read that, "the Word was true and one of great warfare."  Notice: "great warfare."  Then there is the description of, "a man," which is almost identical to the description of Jesus in Revelation, followed by the appearance of what seems to be another person, a "warring" messenger (angel?).  The chapter ends with angel's words, "But I shall now return to fight against the Prince of Persia; so I am going forth, and behold, the prince of Greece is about to come."  I must tell you that over the last 19 years in which I have been regularly going to DC, I have sensed the reality of this.

We know from the same, "Word of God," which came to Daniel that we have, "the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."  We are, however, engaged in this, "great warfare," in this present age.  This is a reason Ephesians 6 tells us to, "Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might."  It occurred to me again today, however, that it's very comforting to know the outcome while the battle is raging!

Father, in Jesus' Name, grant me and my friend to walk with Daniel's determination to, "set your heart on understanding this...."  Amen.
***************************
Someone has suggested another FHMP Briefing.  If you would be interested, let me know. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive