Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 15, 2019

I Have Been Told My "Answers" Are Too Simplistic

"And Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of lifeHe who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.'"  (John 6:35)

Jesus does not "send" people some place to get what we need; He invites us to Himself, "I Am...," what you need; hence, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you...."

It is not a "trip" to the bread store or the water fountain.  The hunger and thirst in humanity can only be met in a Person, not a place.  Jesus declared to the crowd, "You seek Me...because you ate of the loaves and were filled."  In essence, there is, "Bread," which you should be seeking.  "Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life...."

Way, truth, life, light, bread, resurrection, the well, "springing up to eternal life," all are in Jesus Christ.  Later in John 6 Jesus declares, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world....For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed."

Well, many of the contemporaries who first heard these Words were greatly offended.  I find them, "food indeed, and...drink indeed."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I say with the hymn writer, "Out of my bondage, sorrow, and night, Jesus I come to Thee."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive