Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 1, 2019

"....His Purpose For Me"

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for meLord, Your love is eternal; do not abandon the work of Your hands."  (Psalm 138:8, HCSB)

Yes, He, "will fulfill," and He won't, "abandon."

The next statement seals any doubt as to Jesus' purpose for you and me, "Lord, Your love is eternal...."  Eternity or the, "eternal," is not foremost in our minds.  The "best of us" are still dominated in our daily lives by the "here and now."  Most tend to be "ships tossed on the sea," and the unexpected can tend to throw off course.  Yet in the midst of our life journey there is a "constant" upon Which/Whom you and I can rely, "Your love is eternal."

I just call upon you today to keep thinking, maybe "declaring" that Jesus', "love is Eternal."  The Bible reminds us throughout, though expressed differently from time to time, "God is love."  I think the, "is," there is akin to, "is eternal," if we may say, the eternal now.  So, if someone asks you, "How are you doing?" and you are thinking, "Well, yesterday, or a few years ago at least, I was doing rather well.  Today, however, not so good."  That is life, uncertain, changing.  But there is another "life" which is certain, never-changing, "Your love is eternal."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am more aware of time than I am of eternity.  I pray a constant reminder that I am in You, "Whom to know is Life Eternal."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive