Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 17, 2019

"To The Unknown God"

"And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, 'We will hear you again on this matter."  (Acts 17:32)

Our text is from a culture which was full of searchers, but few "finders."  They suspected that there must be a god beyond what they could detect, but, having not found that god, they just set up a memorial which admitted such.  Sounds like modern America.

I read an article today which said that a transgender boxer broke the jaw and fractured the skull of the opponent.  The transgender person was a biological man fighting a biological woman.  This is the human race fulfilling the proverbial, "going to hell in a hand basket."  America has, "heard of the resurrection of the dead," the Gospel of Jesus, Who died on a cross, was buried, and rose on the third day for the forgiveness of sin, entrance into, "The Household of Faith," and a home in Heaven.  Reject Jesus, and the "theater of the absurd" will just keep getting more and more absurd.

I repeat that Biblical statement which people ignore and keep attempting to frustrate, "God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap."  The boxing event to which I referred above reflects a culture gone insane, a culture which has, "....heard of the resurrection," but has, "mocked," made fun of those who believe such.  "God is not mocked."  I encourage you to read again Romans 1 & 2.  It is a description of the mocking Athenians.  It is a description of mocking Americans.

I am thankful that I have been among the ones who said, "We will hear you again on this matter."  I remember when I went to my first "Full Gospel Businessmen's" dinner.  Some left with the attitude of the first part of our text.  I left with the attitude of the second part.  What about you today?  This is not a one time decision.  This is an every day decision.  Mock or stay open to all Jesus says and is doing today.  Will you join me in saying to our Lord Jesus Christ, "We will hear you again on this matter"?

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray to never believe I don't have to live, "We will hear you again on this matter."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive