Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

So You Need Help?-- Well....

"Why are you cast down, O my soulAnd why are you disquieted ('murmur') within meHope ('wait') in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God....Why are you cast down, O my soulAnd why are you disquieted within meHope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance ('face') and my God."  (Psalm 42:11 & 43:5)

The Word translated, "help," in both passages is, "Yeshuah," and you know Who That Is.  We could translate it, "....I shall yet praise Him, the Jesus of my countenance and my God."  The Interlinear says that the Word, "Yeshuah," means, "deliverance, help, prosperity, salvation, security, victories."  It just cannot get any more plain that that.  This is also, I realized this morning, a further illustration of yesterday's devotional.

In view of the great declaration in our text, we can ask again, "Why are you cast down, O my soul?  This does not minimize the heartache, the pain of suffering, turmoil, loss, disappointments in life.  They are real, and they can bring one to the point of despair and collapse.  But the Holy Spirit continually asks you and me the same question which the psalmist asked his soul.  He will keep asking us this question, yes, over and over, so that the injection of, "the Words of God," will continually go into the depths of our beings, strengthening, empowering, lifting us up.

The question of the text is not to mock us in our suffering, but to be the, "yeshua of my countenance ('face').  Our face says a lot about us.  May, for you and me today, our "faces" reflect our Lord Jesus Christ, Who Is our, "deliverance, help, prosperity, salvation, security, victories."

Father, I thank You that You are my, "Yeshuah."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive