Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 3, 2019

"In The Year That...I Saw The Lord"

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord...." (Isaiah 6:1a)

This is the only reality for survival.  In the death of someone we love, someone who has been very important to us, someone upon whom we so depended, the great "provision" of our Lord Jesus Christ is, "I saw the Lord."  If one cannot say, "I saw the Lord," they are on their own.  Scary.

When Stephen died, there was a very real sense in which, "I saw the Lord."  And, I "heard" the Lord.  The key here is, "the Lord."  Everything and everyone will be taken from us sooner or later, but, "the Word of the Lord endures forever," the very, "Word of God," Who is Jesus Christ, "And He shall reign forever and ever"-------- FOREVER.  If one is looking for victory in life, victory as Peter describes, "to an inheritance imperishable and...that does not fade away, reserved in Heaven for you," it is only found in, "I saw the Lord."

Jesus tells us, "Because I live, you will live also"--------FOREVER.  Jesus is our Life in "this life," and will continue to be our Life eternally.  Whatever "else" there will be in the Eternal Realm, we do know that we will be, as the old song says, "Harbored in Jesus."  Yes, in life's tragedies there is heartache, pain, loneliness, even despair can overtake us at times.  But if you and I can say, "In the year that (some person, a dream, plans) died, I saw the Lord," we are candidates for, "Death is swallowed up in victory."

Father, in Jesus' Name, by the empowering Holy Spirit and Your Words, I trust that whatever is, "in the year that..," I overcome.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive