Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Does Jesus Care?"

"And He entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered hand....And He said to the man.., 'Step forward.'"  (Mark 3:1)

The man in the "church meeting" had an infirmity, one lonely person in the midst of many; then: "Step forward." 

I have been noticing this time through the Gospels the particular love, care, compassion and service of Jesus to individuals.  Indeed, this is, "Immanuel, God with us," really, "....with us."  The day of the week does not affect this; the surroundings do not affect this, neither does acceptance or rejection by family, friends, coworkers.  Can you hear our Lord Jesus saying to you t0day in your sickness, pain, loneliness, despair, "Step forward"?!?

Jesus never turned away anyone.  Jesus' response to the man who said to Him, "Lord, if you are willing," was/is, "I am willing."  From the call of two brothers, to Nathaniel, to blind Bartimaeus, to Zacchaeus, the widow of Nain, the lame man let down through the roof, Nicodemus, The Living Triune God walking the earth as, "the carpenter's son," was the greatest example of pastor, fellow churchman, lover of humanity.  Jesus was always saying then, as He continues to say to us all today, "Step forward."

What does this say to you and me today?  Don't ever wonder if Jesus is "listening" to you, hearing you, has time for you, is interceding for you.  Of all the "reasons" people do not pray, walk with/in Jesus in sweet communion, perhaps one of the worst is, "He doesn't care about me and my situation."  That is a proverbial lie from Hell.

The old hymn speaks truth, when it asks, "Does Jesus Care?"
    "Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
    Too deeply for mirth or song,   
    As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
    And the way grows weary and long?

    Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,
    His Heart is touched with my grief;
    When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
    I know my Savior cares."

Father, in Jesus' Name, to my own hurt, there have been times when I did not, "Step forward."  Today I choose to.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive