Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

"But If Not"

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."  (Psalm 34:1)

Well, I didn't get all I prayed for, but we did get a victory.  The increased Republican majority in the US Senate means that more good judges will be appointed in the coming months and at least the next two years.  There may even be a Supreme Court nominee within this time frame.  How a nation does anything, e.g., business, government, schools, entertainment, religion reflects on its spiritual condition; so, too, an individual.  What I do rules over what I say, "Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?" 

Today's text is another way of saying what the prophet declares in Habakkuk 3:17, 18, "Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls-- yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation."  For The Church of Jesus Christ to live victoriously in these evil times, we must walk in the Theology of the three Hebrew sons in Daniel 3, "If that is the case, our God Whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O kingBut if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."  Is this your resolve today?

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray so that I am aligned with the three Hebrew sons.  Amen.
   
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive