Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Truth Is More Than That Which Is True

"Your law truth."  (Psalm 119:142a, Interlinear)

If a person is not committed to, "Your law [is] Truth," they have no choice but to believe, "the lie."

My adjusted reading schedule for the last half of 2018 has me today in Psalm 119.  I listened, read, and confessed it out loud; highly recommend it.  Here is what, "The Book of Truth," has to say about, "truth," and humanity in the, "last days," in 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be savedAnd for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

"Truth," is a Person, the Person of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Our text tells us that His, "law (Word) is truth," not science, not philosophy, not our perceptions.  Notice in the Thessalonians passage that deception comes to people who do not, "receive the love of th[is] truth, that they might be saved."  Maybe up to now many have considered themselves quite able to "discern truth," to "read" other people, effectively "size up" situations, what is really "the truth."  Well, I do not trust myself in that.  For me, I am still working on what the Bible tells us is priority, "But first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth."  Caution:  "Truth," is so much more than that which is true.

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me and my friend to never be so proud in our perceived abilities of perception, insight, any ability to rightly "read" situations.  We trust and depend only upon You and Your, "Book of Truth."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive