Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

"But First...The Book of Truth"

"So he said, 'Do you know why I have come to you Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth.'"  (Daniel 10:20.21, NIV)

"But first...the Book of Truth."  If this is not the theme of our lives, our local churches, our everything, we are in for serious trouble, deception, defeat.  Whether it is "spiritual warfare," missions, preaching, giving to the poor, etc., if our life's foundation is not, "But first...the Book of Truth," whatever is "second," means nothing.

Notice that the messenger was telling Daniel of the great cosmic struggle, the battle with, "the world forces of this darkness," yet in the midst of this great struggle comes, "But first...."  For me, our every day, every gathering of the Church of Jesus Christ, every everything should start with, "But first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth." 

What is your, "But first," today?

Father, in Jesus, may Your, "Book of Truth," always be my, "But first."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive