Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 13, 2018

"They Did Nothing

"....Our lamps are going out....I was afraid.., so I hid it....When did we...not help You."  (From Matthew 25, NLT)

Today's "new" reading schedule included Matthew 25; it follows what we discussed yesterday.  Matthew 25 tells us of the accounting which we will all be held responsible for at our Lord, King, and Savior, Jesus Christ's, Second Appearing.  Derek Prince once said, "The problem with the foolish virgins, the unjust steward, and the goat nations is that they did nothing."  An absolutely great summation and exhortation for you and me.

"Story of The Ten Bridesmaids":  All ten "started out" with "enough," at least five of them thought so.  The "oil" lasted perhaps for a long time, but time can be deceptive.  In "the end," they were out.  The text says that they, "were not wise enough to take along extra oil." 

"Story of The Three Servants:"  There is a warning here for all of us.  The servant which received the rebuke was the servant who just did nothing, and attempted to justify that by saying, "I was afraid," or as some would say, "I'm not worthy," or, "I can't do that," or, "I don't have much talent," or...............

"The Final Judgment":  The key for me here is what Jesus says to those who were questioning His response to their life style, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you di it to Me," and, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me." (NKJV)  Notice that our Lord is not referring to some "random" act of good deeds.  He particularly targets, "one of the least of these My brethren," the Jews, the Church?

Maybe there is some good advice from a coach I once had.  "Don't just stand there; do something, even if it's wrong."

Father, in Jesus' Name, convict me every time I do nothing when I should be doing something.  Amen.
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive