Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

"No [One, Nation] Escapes By His Great Strength"

"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength."  (Psalm 33:16, NIV)

Update:  No king, president, prime minister or nation is saved by the nuclear arsenals, M1 Abrams Tanks, number 1 world economy status, or "Don't Tread On Me" slogans.

6 years ago I posted this on Facebook:  "On September 11, 2001, I was 8 miles from the Pentagon.  The plane which went down near Shanksville, Pa, was just 10 miles from my 4th through 6th grades home room.  I share a quote from a 6th Century BC Chinese military general, a principle by which Americans will either live or die: "If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."  The general's quote is a sort of variation on our text. 

Attitude will either be the victory or undoing of persons and nations.  If my attitude is that no matter what I think of myself, without the reign of our Lord Jesus Christ in me, I will not be, "saved," or, "escape[]," then I will be, "saved," and be one who, "escapes."  Americans, by and large, have not realized this.  Last week I saw a slew of people attempting to save themselves.  They were in the hearings, hallways, Congressional offices, some in suits, some in jeans, some even in shorts, some wearing shirts with logo, etc.  They all were hoping, probably most in some sort desperation, as they were watching the possibility of their "world" fading.

"No king.., nor warrior..," no anyone is, "saved," or, "escapes," without the Indwelling Lord Jesus Christ.  I share with you a passage from my Psalm 35 praying for the American President and Israeli Prime Minister, "Great is the Lord, Who enjoys helping His servant."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that I always learn life-changing lessons from life.  Amen.
****************************
Thanks to all who helped with the New York City and Washington, DC., missions.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive