Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, September 21, 2018

"My Soul Follows Hard After Thee"

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift."  (2 Corinthians 9:15)

Maybe this is what was (is) going on today.  I was worshipping, viz., praying and singing with the spirit.  I would think of stopping, but didn't.  I went on and on.  I felt as the psalmist says in the KJV, "My soul follows hard after Thee."  The Hebrew Word for, "hard," is translated by some as, "close," the Interlinear says, "cling."  It could be, "My soul clings to Thee."  I like that, just a poor soul clinging to His King and Savior, Jesus.

The political circus in Washington, DC, and in fact throughout the United States of America in these days is revealing the absolute spiritual bankruptcy of most in this country.  I do pray for it all.  I pray the Scriptures, I, well, I just pray.  I continue to greatly encourage you to pray the Scriptures for the USA, as well as the other countries represented on our mailing list.  Right now for me, Psalm 35 is key. 

This morning, however, worship ruled.  Now this is not some sort of "battle," as some perhaps inadvertently, but nonetheless imply, among the "means of grace," viz., adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication, as though one expression of our relationship in Jesus is "greater than" another.  Forget all of that.  I was simply enjoying, flowing in the Indwelling Presence of the Living Triune God, Father, Son Jesus, Holy Spirit.  Glorious.  This was not "new" for me, but there was a glorious sense of what the Psalm referred to earlier says, "My soul follows hard (clings) after Thee."

The Interlinear translates our text as, "the gift of Him."  Yes, I know that grammatically it is the same, but I thought of the emphasis.  The greatest, "gift," ever given and continues to be given and will never stop giving is the Blessed Trinity Himself; hence, "the gift of Him."  I was, still am, and pray ever shall be thanking, rejoicing in Him, Father, Son Jesus, Holy Spirit.

Father, in Jesus' Name, of all "gifts," You are THE, "Gift."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive