Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 27, 2018

"But I...."

"O God, the nations have invaded your inheritance; they have defiled Your holy temple, they have reduced Jerusalem to rubble."  (Psalm 79:1, NIV)

This was the first Scripture which I read this morning.  This, my friend, is the attempt of the unleashed evil, not only for you and me, but also the nations.  Now what?  Or, as Jimmy Malone said, "What are you prepared to do??

There was a very real sense in which our text was fulfilled in America in 1962 and '63.  We went from a nation which read the Bible to our children and led them in the Prayer of Jesus every Monday through Friday to a nation of legalizing the murder of babies in their mothers' womb 10 years later----- inevitable. 

Psalm 109:4 says, "In return for my love, they are my accusers," then literally, "But I prayer."  So there you have it.  This is the attitude of the Follower of Jesus in regard to all around us, no matter what or who the, "they," do to us or say about us, "But I pray[]."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for calling us Your People to pray.  It is such marvelous fellowship.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive