Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, September 24, 2018

Arguments, Knowledge, Thoughts

"For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ...."  (2 Corinthians 10:4-6)

If I recall correctly, there is a scene in "War and Peace" where a priest places a Bible on the chest of a dying man.  I placed a Bible on my head today.  As my Grandpa Barnette once said, "Everyone has their peculiarities."

I read our text a couple days ago, and was reminded of what our Lord Jesus made clear to me some decades ago.  I don't pull down strongholds by declaring, "I pull down strongholds."  The, "strongholds," over the United States of America are, "arguments.., knowledge.., thought."  Wrong, "knowledge," wrong, "thought," will produce wrong living, wrong government, wrong "churches," no matter the religious exercise.  "The Word of God," Jesus, and His Words alone can give Kingdom, "knowledge," and, "thought." 

I know that I am probably worse than the "broken record," but I repeat that anything a Follower of Jesus does, if it is not rooted in, coming from, relying on the Words of Our Lord Jesus Christ, is erroneous, "weapons of...warfare."  I suggest that we do not think of others when we read our text, but take the Words for ourselves as a guide to living the "spirit-filled," Jesus-Centered life.  ....The knowledge of God," and the, "bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ," can only come by the Words of God.  And His, "Knowledge," and, "thought," determines defeat or victory.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You have not let me without, "weapons."  Amen.
   
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive