Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, August 24, 2018

"My Ears Had Heard...But Now...."

"Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know....My ears had heard of You but now my eyes have seen You." (Job 42:3b & 5, NIV)

Well, my friend, you and I have just read the words of a very wise man.  Prior to this encounter with the Living Triune God, Job had made a lot of speculative statements.  He seemed "sure of himself" at times, but at other times there seems to be, "I'm not so sure."  I have done this probably a lot over my life.  Shouldn't there always be a little of this sobriety, however, when we humans speak, "I did not understand"?  It seems like a bad trick on me, but I find myself less sure about those, "things too wonderful for me to know."  And you know what?  I think I'm at the "best place" I've been.  I kind of like being in that, "not understand," realization.  The other was only an illusion anyway.

"My ears had heard of You...."  Yes, this is all of us from our "beginnings."  Somewhere along the path our, "ears...heard of," Jesus, and we responded to His merciful grace and love.  We thought we knew just about everything we had to know.  But, "My ears had heard of You," lasts perhaps a lot longer than we wish to imagine.  I am not attempting to put a "date" on any, "but now my eyes have seen You," but I am suspecting there may be an ongoing aspect of this, our days full of "new beginnings," new discoveries of/in Jesus, His Church, His Kingdom.

I am going to Washington, DC., our Lord willing, September 4, 5 & 6.  There is an evil manifesting in the United States of America which I have not seen in my life time.  That may sound like an overstatement to some, but it is not to me.  Do I understand with "prophetic accuracy" what I am seeing?  Really?  But I can tell you that I have had a "moment" of, "My eyes had heard of You," transitioning to, "but now my eyes have seen You,"-------------- for now, at least. 

I can only encourage you today to walk in such moments.  They will come to the Followers of Jesus throughout our entire life.  And, I might add, though what the, "eyes have seen," can be fearful, just be thankful that Jesus does not show us more than we can handle.  Maybe this is the reason our, "eyes have seen," are not nearly as frequent as we would like.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for, "....but now my eyes have seen You," moments.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive