Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 23, 2018

PROPHETIC WORD FOR AMERICA-- AND THE NATIONS

"Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind." (Job 38:1)

Yesterday in our church service the pastor asked me to share a sort of update on what I have been doing.  The first words out of my mouth were: "The Bible tells us that the Lord spoke to Job, 'out of the whirlwind.'"  It took me totally by surprise.  I then went on to say that this is what is currently going on in the nations of the Earth.  I have not been able to "get away," however, from those first words.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they were the classic definition of "prophetic."  I simply cannot remember the last time that happened to me, maybe too long.

One of my Psalms reading this morning was Psalm 68, "....You marched through the wilderness, the earth shook...."  This is now going on in, "heavenly places," and perhaps is best described as, "whirlwind."  Someone has said of this Word used in Job 38:1, "out of a dark and thick cloud, from which He sent a terrible and tempestuous wind, as the harbinger of His presence."  Could the Lord Jesus have appeared to Job as He did to the Hebrews from Mount Sinai (see Exodus 19:16-19)?  Is He "preparing to appear" to the United States of America in the same way?  But I can tell you today that whatever this "word" was to me, there is a storm gathering over the nations, particularly the United States of America.  It is "a terrible and tempestuous wind." 

Of course since yesterday, I looked up the Word for, "whirlwind," in our text.  First of all, in the Hebrew it is in the masculine gender, and the root Word has the idea of, "strife, contentions, dispute."  I am not going to say more.  Perhaps you may have something to add.  But I can tell you that this has heightened my commitment to be in DC during the Kavanaugh hearings this Fall.  I will keep you up to date.  Please pray.

Father, in Jesus' Name, Holy Spirit, give me the understanding in this which You have for me, for Your Church, for the nations.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive