Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

"Like A Weaned Child...I am Content"

"But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content."  (Psalm 131:2, NIV)

How does one do this?  Apparently it has something to being, "....like a weaned child with it's mother."

It's a scene of tranquility, rest, peace.  This is only possible in Jesus Christ.  The words and philosophy of this present world system will continually keep us in an agitated state, anxious, uncertain.

We can, "calm[] and quiet[] [ourselves]," when we live a life of, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  Take a joyful, restful moment and enjoy today's text.  Our Heavenly Father is indeed our Father, our Comforter, our Savior, Deliverer.  In Him we are, "like a weaned child...content."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for this comfort.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive