Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

"Reproach,..Insults...And Threats" No Problem

"I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the insults of the people of Ammon, with which they have reproached My people, and made arrogant threats against their borders."  (Zephaniah 2:8)

As so much of, "the Words of God," the Bible, this passage is being fulfilled right before the world's eyes.  "....Reproach.., insults...and threats," have always been weapons of those who reject the reign of Jesus Christ and attempt to destroy the Church.

Right now, enemies are attempting to literally breach Israel's borders.  And right now, the enemy of our souls is hurling, "reproach.., and insults...and arrogant threats," at you and me.  One way is to constantly bring up our past sins, our current weaknesses and failures, and the, "threats," that this will continue.  Now of course, none of this has any power over you and me, if we believe that under the Blood of Jesus we are protected against such lies, "the Prince of Darkness grim, we tremble not for Him."

Continue to go forth into this world, in it, but not of it.  I believe that Our Lord Jesus Christ is right now praying what He prayed in His "High Priestly" Prayer, "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one."  And He does and will, as long as we abide, live in Jesus Christ, His Words abiding in us, and we are utterly, totally dependent on Him. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray and believe that You are my only Keeper.  Amen.
******************************************
Lord Jesus willing, I will be in New York City the evening of June 2 to the evening of June 3.  I posted the poster of the event on Facebook; there was no way to put it on the devotional.  I will be joining thousands as we march down 5th Avenue from 57th Street to 74th Street, celebrating Israel's 70th.  Any prayers appreciated.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive