Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Unexpected

"But the following night the Lord stood by him and said, 'Be of good cheer, Paul; for as you have testified for Me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness at Rome.'"  (Acts 23:11)

Paul had no idea when he heard this as to how it would be worked out.  But it was.

Nothing "exciting" happened on the visit to Israel.  I say that, because sadly that is what too many charismatics are looking for in the realm of missions, intercession, preaching, worship, or just of the "whatevers" of life.  We were in The Land.  We literally invested in the Israeli economy.  We were able to spend, what was for Sarah and me, "quality time" with a friend and Fellow Follower of Jesus.  We went to participate in the celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the Modern State of Israel.  We thought it would "look" one way; it turned out another way------ with Vivian's local church.  Yes, there were some schedule changes which were beyond our ability to rectify, changes which kept us from some other possibilities.  I have learned, however, over the years, that if you are not flexible, it's sort of like an airplane wing; you'll break.

As I have been reading again through the Book of Acts, I have been reminded of the many events to which Followers of Jesus had to adapt.  They set out with their "plans;" many times, however, circumstances changed said plans.  I feel sorry for people who attempt to show how spiritual they are by revealing plans which work out perfectly, i.e., exactly what they planned.  That is not reality of Kingdom life.  Our Lord Jesus did not say, "I will give you a great ministry, then follow Me."  He said, "Follow Me, and I will make you...", period.  "Follow Me," is the first and foundational principle of Kingdom Living, Church life, missions, prayer, work, marriage, schooling, EVERYTHING.  If I follow Jesus through the many variable of life, I will never lose my way.

Our Lord Jesus leads; you and I follow.  Keep this principle as the principle for our moment-by-moment existent in this life, and life will be in Jesus' purposes for us.  I have proposed many times that instead of saying, "My ministry," we should say, "My service."  The "spirit" is the same here.  We can only serve Jesus when we follow Jesus.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I don't want to be a "leader."  I want to be a follower, Your follower.  I pray that you keep calling me with, "Follow Me."  Amen.
*******************
We have to cancel the FHMP Briefing.  Will let you know when we can reschedule.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive