Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Not Just For Preachers

"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-- with great patience and careful instruction."  (2 Timothy 4:2, NIV)

I think I have attempted this since my first sermon 58 years ago, though not always as I should have.  Yet I assert today that this is not just for preachers.

First the Holy Spirit calls us to, "....be prepared...."----- always.  Days go by when "nothing" seems to happen, no apparent "witnessing," serving, doing good.  But that is wrong.  Every day we must, "be prepared," because every day who we are, no matter where we are, Jesus Christ dwells in us, and His continual, indwelling presence in His Followers is our very "good work."

"....Correct, rebuke and encourage...."  Most only want the last Word, "encourage."  You and I know, however, that is not the "well-rounded" life of a Follower of Jesus.  When I look back on my life, I freely admit that I was/am in constant need of correction, rebuking, and encouraging, in Jesus and from those who Follow Him.  Some may say, "Well, that's sort of negative, condemnatory"-------- Whatever they wish.

"....with great patience and careful instruction."  Please pray this for me, as I pray this for all of us.  This last admonition is not just for talkers, viz., preachers and teachers, or those who live as though the vast majority of Christian service is to verbally express themselves concerning Kingdom living.  This should manifest who we are in Jesus Christ.  This is Who Jesus Is indeed, "....great patience and careful instruction."  Without Jesus, "....great patience and careful instruction," I would have perished long ago.

May our Lord Jesus empower us today to be living testimonies of our text.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You that You Are these Words to me.  Amen.
*********************
* What Hypocrisy Concerning the "Palestinians," more accurately, Arabs: jhs58.blogspot.com
* FHMP Briefing postponed

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive