Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 23, 2018

What Glorious Praise

"....The intent...now [is that] the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the Church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord....For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from Whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named...." (From Ephesians 3 reading today)

One member of, "the Church," had an amazing "time" in our Living Triune God this morning.  I listened and sang along with a group singing "Be Thou My Vision."  As I considered those most powerful and beautiful words, I thought of the times in my life when those words were not "walked out."  I wept and wept.  And then as I continued in fellowship in Jesus, more and more those words were expressing my life's desire, even in those "self-centered days."  I know that deep in my heart, the words of this song have always been there------- by the mercy and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, in this chief of sinners.

Some people have asked over the years, when I requested prayer for various endeavors, "How shall I pray for you?"  I posted to Facebook today my main life's request from now on in response to, "How can I pray for you?"  It is the words and music to, "Be Thou My Vision."  I can tell you that in all my almost 75 years I have never found a song which expresses my worship, my hearts desire of our Lord Jesus Christ, my desire for a "signature life style" than the words of that centuries-old song.  For me, there is none better.

I repeat with the old Apostle, "For this reason I bow my knees to the Father (and to) our Lord Jesus Christ (and to Holy Spirit)...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Be Thou My Vision."  Amen.
**************
Israel:         April 17-24
Briefing:    June 2

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive