Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

"As The Offering Began, Singing To The Lord Began Also"

"Hezekiah gave the order to sacrifice the burnt offering on the altar.  As the offering began, singing to the Lord began also, accompanied by trumpets and the instruments of David king of Israel."  (2 Chronicles 29:27, NIV)

"As the offering began, singing to the Lord began also...."  There seems to be a pattern here for worship.  Personally, I think every "worship service" should begin with an affirmation of the Blood of Jesus, "....sacrifice...on the altar," and the reading of, "The Words of God."  You will remember that our Lord Jesus tells us, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law and the ProphetsI did not come to destroy but
"to fulfill."

Most think that an "order" in corporate, or even in "private" worship, is a bad think.  "I'm free!" was the great shout of the Charismatic renewal.  But I would say, Not "free" to do anything you please, any way you please.  I will go no further with this. 

Our text was a part of one of my readings today, and it just blessed me.  I pass it along to you for your blessing.

Father, in Jesus' Name, show me where I am "out of order."  Amen.
Israel:                    April 17-24
FHMP Briefing:  June 2, 11:00, Lamplighter
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive