Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

"My Helper!"

"Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me; Lord, be my helper!"  (Psalm 30:10)

Now at first reading for some, this could sound so simple.  But there is here a "load" of glorious revelation of the Godhead.

The Bible tells us that the Lord does indeed "send" help and prosperity and such.  But David reveals something which to me is most wonderful.  It is not so much that Jesus "sends" us what we need.  Jesus IS what we need; hence the cry, "....be my helper!"

Jesus is, you know, as in, "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation....The Lord is the Strength of my life."  I know that I "play this string" a lot, but it's reality keeps me going.  The Living Triune God could have designed a "sending operation," and Jesus does, as Psalm 20 tells us, "....send thee help from the sanctuary...."  But do you remember the passage in Matthew 8 which tells us of the centurion who told Jesus that his servant was sick?  What was Jesus' first reaction?  "I will come and heal him."

Our Father, our Brother Jesus, our Holy Spirit is He Who Himself does as the Christmas Carol declares, "O come to us, abide with us, Our Lord, Immanuel."  The Lord God of creation, "....is our Refuge and Strength, a Very Present Help in trouble."  So, rejoice today, my friend.  He is not primarily God who sends what you and I need.  He IS what, or much rather, Who we need.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "....be my helper!"  And I so thank You that You Are.  Amen.
*************************
FHMP (Antipas MInistries) Briefing:  April 14, 11:00 at the Lamplighter in Delmont, Pa.  Please let me know if you will be there.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive