Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 8, 2018

"Holy" (Nine Times)

"And they do not rest day or night, saying: 'Holy, holy, holy, holy, holy, holy, holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, the One Having Been, and the One Being, and the One Coming.'"  (Revelation 4:8b, c-- M--Text & Interlinear)

This was in the footnote of the NKJV.  Now some so-called scholars go into great detail to rate one translation over another, etc.  But for me, I can tell you that the above note "rings" true.

"And they do not rest day or night, saying...."  Is this the original 24/7 prayer/worship gathering?  "....no[] rest day or night...."  Maybe the Holy Spirit is saying to you and me today what He says throughout Scripture, that The Living Triune God calls humanity into a permanent, "day and night," as the hymn says, "moment by moment," no "vacation," no "days off," just constant fulfillment of the Words of Jesus to you and me, "Abide in Me, and I in you."

Can you imagine what this must have sounded like to John?  Can we imagine what is sounds like right now?  Remember: "Holy," to the unending "power."  I admit that a continual "streaming" of, "Holy, holy, holy," if you really stop to think on this, I mean 24/7 Eternal Declaration, well, it is incomprehensible to me.  But as the hymn writer says of the Cross of Jesus, "bring its scenes before me," I say of today's text.

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to join in with the Heavenly Anthem.  Amen.
***************************
Let me know if you will be attending the Briefing on April 14.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive