Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

"The Secret Things" And, "Those...Revealed"

"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the Words of this law." (Deuteronomy 29:29)

Then why do so many attempt to discover, understand, explain those, "secret things."  We have our work cut out for us to walk in, "....those things which are revealed."

I was reading and listening to this text from yesterday's reading.  It just sounds "powerful."  Jesus is telling humanity that there are things which are not for us, no matter how "revelatory" some teachers attempt to portray themselves.  The Word for, "secret," means, "hide, conceal."  It is in His Words for a reason.  It is sort of like what our Lord Jesus has said to us, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this."  Let Jesus decide when is the, "after this."

Today, I give myself to, "....those things which are revealed..," because they, "....belong to us...."  For me, this says that there are things which do not "belong to us;" accept this.  It is a dangerous pursuit to go after, "the secret things [which] belong to the Lord our God...."  He will not allow us to "go there."  I find that when we look for things other than the, "revealed," things, we don't give ourselves to the, "revealed."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You have kept from me what I couldn't "handle" anyway.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive