Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

One Of Scriptures Most Beautiful, Edifying Scene

"And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus." (Mark 9:4, NIV)

I love this passage, especially Luke's version which says what Jesus, Moses, and Elijah were talking about, "....His departure ('death', KJV) which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem."  It just does not get any more powerful than this.

The Lawgiver and the Prophet/signs and wonders men said and did everything pointing to Jesus, "departure," viz., The Cross, His suffering, shed Blood, death, and resurrection.  This Great Event did not come by surprise to any Covenant Person who believed the Law and the Prophets.  Stupid humanity speaks of "Christ-killers."  How absolutely foolish.  Jesus Himself said, "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it againNo one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of MyselfI have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it againThis command I have received from My Father."

I have shared before about the "vision" of our text which I had decades ago.  I "saw" clearly the Three standing on that mount discussing, "His departure at Jerusalem."  This passage is a powerful reminder of the Blessed Trinity's "control" of the Universe, the events of history, and everything which is to come.  Rest and rejoice today, "weary pilgrim."  Never allow, "Jesus Christ is Lord," to become a cliche.  Never allow any of, "the Words of God," to become such.  Remember the Word of God to Moses in speaking of God's Words: "They are your life"!

The thought occurred to me today: Perhaps The Godhead is "speaking" of your future and my future today, at this very moment, "planning," protecting, providing, sustaining, dealing with enemies, and, "I go to prepare a place for youAnd if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, you may be also."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You again for today speaking so wonderfully clear and comforting to me.  Amen.
****************************
Read of the catastrophic immigration chaos in Europe: jhs58.blogspot.com 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive