Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Make The Ground Shake

"And you will be hate by all...for My Name's sake." (Matthew 24:9b)


When I read our text, it came to me that most of the time the, "all," don't know why they hate us.  They attempt to give acceptable reasons, but they are not the reasons.  You and I are, "hated by all nations for [Jesus'] sake."  Perhaps a fault in us is a desire to get, "all nations," groups, friends, family members to "understand" just who we are, what we do and why we do it, etc.  But then the Name of Jesus "appears."  Far too many songs, however, too many programs, etc., leave out the Name of Jesus.  The term "crossover" comes to mind, or "seeker friendly."  It is an attempt to be liked, accepted.  Why would anyone want to betray Jesus in such a manner?  He is "Jesus, Lover of my soul."

Hatred in the Earth is growing exponentially.  It is becoming, if possible, more and more irrational.  With the increasing hatred being unleashed in the Earth, I cannot encourage you enough to pray the prayers of Scripture.  Take Scriptures and make them prayers for yourself, family, church, town and nation.  What the Bible does for me is to show me just how "far" I can go in my prayers. 

There is in most of us, I'm sure, a hesitancy to pray what we are really feeling because of some false sense of, and desire for, a "nice-guy" profile.  Away with such!  We are at war.  We cannot afford to be "nice," as most define niceness.  I know it is from a secular poet, but I leave you today with these words:

"Go forth and conquer
For the world is small
and you are the giant
and in every step you take
will make the ground shake
as it rises to me you."

Father, in Jesus' Name, keep me, "as the pupil of Your Eye."  Amen.
**********************************
Praying Bible prayers in Washington, DC., January 29 & 30

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive