Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

"I Stood At Calvary"--- Again


"'We found this fellow perverting the nation, and...saying that He Himself is Christ, a King....Away with this Man, and [give] us Barabbas....Crucify Him, crucify Him!'...Jesus turning to them, said, '...do not weep for Me, but weep for your children'....And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals...."  (From Luke 23)

In this season of, "the Little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay," I read today of this Event, as Graham called it, "The pivotal point in history."

There is no greater account of the "Passion" of Jesus than Luke 23.  Every quarter it takes me to what the song says, "I Stood At Calvary."  I just pray that every moment of every day you and I stand "at Calvary."  If this every gets "old" or boring to anyone on planet earth, if this ever ceases to be the foundational, central message of today's Church, may God have mercy on us all. 

It was/is the Cross, the death of the Passover Lamb, Which/Who gives you and me Eternal Life.  It was, "....through the Blood of His Cross," that you and I can sing, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen."  The One of Whom Micah says is, "from days of Eternity," is the One of Whom the angels said was, "....born to you this day in the city of David, a Savior, Who is Christ the Lord", born in the town of which the carol writer said, "Yet in thy dark streets shineth the Everlasting Light."  Humanity can only walk in this "Everlasting Light" because of Calvary.

Below this devotional on our Blog Site is a recording of that great song, "I Stood At Calvary."  Enjoy, and "stand" with me.

Father, in Jesus' Name, may every moment of every day I "[stand] at Calvary."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive