Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

"I Set My Face Toward The Ground"

"While he was saying this to me, I bowed (literally, 'set my face,') with my face toward the ground and was speechless."  (Daniel 10:15, NIV)

Have you ever had an "encounter" in Jesus which left you as Daniel in our text?  What Daniel experienced that day was not an every day experience, which too many think of when they read much of the Bible.  One thing, however, about our Lord Jesus which I think is so wonderful is that when we need such, He gives such.


I shared yesterday that something "happened" last Sunday during my preaching time which is still difficult to explain.  It was as though a "curtain" were drawn back, a "window" opened.  As an example of an "encounter" with our Lord Jesus many years ago, I had referred to Elijah in the cave when our Lord asked him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"  For a moment, it was as though I was "there" with Elijah, experiencing the grace and gift of Him Who loves us so, dealing with the particulars of our lives.  I have not attempted a further "explanation" of that.  Rather, I accept it as "a gift from God."

Pascal, the French physicist and mathematician, once wrote, "In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't....Faith is different from proof; the latter is human, the former is a gift from God." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to be more of an "accepter" than an "understander."  Amen.
**************************
* DC on October 20
* Berlin, Wittenberge, October 28-November 15

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive