Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 21, 2017

"I Wither Away....You, Lord, Sit Enthroned Forever"

"My days are like the evening shadow; I wither away like grass.  But You, Lord, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations....For we are the temple of the Living God.  As God has said: 'I will dwell in them, and walk in (also, 'among') them....'" (Psalm 102:11, 12--NIV; 2 Corinthians 6:16)

What a contrast.  "I wither away....But You sit enthroned forever."

Today's text is from recent readings.  I noticed that most translators make a paragraph separation between verses 11 & 12 in Psalm 102.  I suggest it is best for you and me to not do that.  "....I wither away like grassBut You, O Lord...."  This is a great life principle.  When I look at my feebleness, it is then the smart move to right away look at the, "....endure forever," of Jesus.  It is classic, "Looking unto Jesus."  Consider Who Jesus Is, not who I am without Him, "....wither away like grass."

The Second Corinthian passage is a great promise for us who, "...wither away like grass."  It takes a grass-like weakling like me to a place of utter victory and undefeatableness.  In Jesus, and because of His Shed Blood, death and resurrection, we have the great declaration of the Living Triune God, "I will dwell in them, and walk IN (among) them...."  When you are in, "the evening shadow," Jesus, "the Light of the world," is our, "light and my salvation." 

Okay, so there is truth in, "I wither away like grass.  Yet the Eternal Power of, "But You, O Lord...dwell in...and walk in," us is the, victory that overcomes, "the evening shadow," of our lives------------ right now, tonight, tomorrow, the rest of our days in this sojourn!

Father, in Jesus' Name, when I consider that, "I wither away," Holy Spirit, ever remind me that, "You, O Lord, sit enthroned forever."  I guess that means neither will I ever, "wither away."  Glory!  Amen.
******************
* Please pray for my time in DC, September 27 & 28.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive