Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 10, 2017

"The Dwelling Places of the Most High"

"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the Holy of the dwelling places of the Most High." (Psalm 46:4, Interlinear))

"Tabernacles," or, "dwelling places," is how the Interlinear Hebrew Bible translates the word for, "tabernacle," in some other translations.  "Out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water."  You know these Words are Jesus' Words.  His River makes me very glad, refreshing me in, "the Holy of the dwelling places of the Most High", One of which is right here, right now.

I read my Psalms to Norma this morning, and played "Be Thou My Vision."  She opened one eye and her breathing became stronger.  No, I don't think this is a "delay" in the inevitable.  I do, however, believe that our Lord Jesus was definitely manifesting as, "The Lord...[her] Shepherd."
  Everyone of those closest to me passed from this life in a matter of minutes, some in seconds.  This is different.  I don't know what is going on in her, what is going on in, "Thy will be done...."  But my prayer for now and always is, "Be Thou (Father, Son Jesus, Holy Spirit) My/her Vision....Be Thou my/her Battle Shield, Sword for the fight.., I/she ever with Thee Thou with me/her Lord,..Thou in me/her dwelling and I/she with Thee one." 

The older I get the simpler things are to me.  Some people think life is so "complicated," so complex, demanding the experts to explain everything to us; pundits of all religions, philosophies and books on "true worship" and "how to pray" abound.  I felt like Isaac today as I was with Norma, "And Isaac went out to meditate in the field...."  There he was, alone, just a man and his God.  Nobody had to teach him the mechanics of "worship" or "how to pray."  Jesus tells us, "Unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of Heaven", or worship, or prayer, or anything to do with, "the Kingdom of Heaven."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Holy Spirit, by Your grace and mercy, keep me from being, "corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive