Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Selections From This Month's Psalm 119 Reading

"The law of Thy mouth....(72) I understand more then the ancients because I keep Thy precepts (100) I hate vain thoughts: but Thy law do I love (113) The entrance of Thy words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple (130) Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness (142) Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not Thy statutes (156) Great peace have they which love Thy law: and nothing shall offend them (165)." Psalm 119, KJV)

v. 72: The Words of God come from, "Thy mouth..," which is another way of saying they are, "God-Breathed"; ergo, every time I read the Words of God, Jesus is breathing on me and into me His Word/Breath.
v. 100: You may not think you are very smart, perceptive, wise, etc.  No matter; if you and I, "keep Thy Words," which means, of course, we must read them if we are to "keep" them, we will be smarter, more perceptive, and wiser than those who rely on their "natural ability."!!  Say it with me, "I understand more than the ancients because I keep Thy precepts."
v. 113: If we want to have victory over, "vain thoughts," we will stay saturated in His Words.
v. 130: "The entrance..," is key.  Knowledge and understanding may not seem to flourish in me and you, nor wow the crowd.  But as Jesus' Words keep entering you and me, whatever, "understanding," He has for us will be ours.
v.142: We can pray, worship all day, fast til we weigh 10 pounds, give great sums of money to the poor, and go on mission trips once a week.  While they are "righteous" endeavors, they are not the righteousness in Jesus Christ's Blood which is, "an everlasting righteousness."  No matter how "spiritual" one may appear to others, there is no spirituality apart from, "Thy Righteousness...an everlasting righteousness."
v. 165: How about this take on an old cliche?  Know and love Thy Words, know peace.  No, "love Thy Words," no peace.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I say with the song writer, "Breathe on me Breath of God."  Amen.
******************************
News on the great self-destruction going on in Germany: jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive