Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, August 21, 2017

A New Take On Slavery

"O Lord, how manifold are Your worksIn wisdom, Y0u have made them allThe earth is full of Your possessions--..."  (Psalm 104:24)

This, of course, includes you and me, and everyone on the planet, everything in and on the planet---------- "....full of Your possessions."

The sad state of most humans is that they have never "staked their claim" to being Jesus', "possessions."  Adam is referred to as, "the son of God," in Luke's Gospel, which means, he was born directly of the Blessed Trinity, had no human father nor mother. 
Humanity rebelled in Adam and Eve, however, and lost the inheritance of the Living Triune God.  Humanity was given an opportunity to regain "Paradise Lost" in and through the Blood of Jesus Christ, but has, by in large, rejected this marvelous "Amazing Grace."

There is no doubt in Biblical Theology that not only, "The Earth is the Lord's..," but as the Great "Developer" of the Universe, Father, King Jesus, Holy Spirit, it is quite true that, "the [Universe] is the Lord's." 
Now we can argue, reason, ask the never-ending "whys" of life, but the Bible is quite clear, "Our God is in heaven; He does whatever He pleases."  This reality is repeated over and over again in the Bible.  This is what words like, "King," and, "Lord," mean. 

Anyone who follows Jesus are just as Romans 1:1 says.  I am, "a bond-slave of Jesus Christ," or has the word for, "bond-slaves," in the Greek means, "without any ownership rights of my own."  Frankly, I'm tired of "property rights."  You and I are Jesus', "possessions", and I say with the old song, "I'm not my own; I belong to Jesus.  He purchased me; I'm all His."  I gladly go to the doorpost and ask Jesus to put His, "awl," in my ear, just as the foreshadow of our "bond slave," position in Jesus Christ says in Exodus 21:6, "....His  master shall bring him to...the door or the doorpostAnd his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve Him permanently."  I'm in.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I regret and repent of ever asserting any "property rights."  I'm Your servant, "permanently."   Amen.
**********************
* Please continue to pray for Sarah's sciatica. 
* Please pray for our mission to Germany, October 28-November 15.  Please pray especially for our train connection to Wittenberge.
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive